Wednesday, August 11, 2010

overcast and windy

I'm letting the Albert Handell workshop sink in by scrubbing floors, cleaning the studio and gardening. When the time is right, I'll start painting again but I just found this little plein air piece that was done the day before I left for the workshop in Oregon. I was in a pasture in Cle Elum, WA, at the end of an airfield landing strip. It was overcast and very windy - so much wind that I finally gave up trying to paint and watched people fly kites instead. Of course, this painting contains my favorite yellowy-green which has now been identified as Terry Ludwig G360. Love it!

3 comments:

  1. Very strong!

    I love the cool vs warm greens, and the violet (but dark( trees. Great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I am on the same path (into more abstraction) I can totally identify with the description of your revelation at Mr. Handell's workshop. Thanks so much for your kind words on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Barbara!
    NIce energy in the sky! And those greens are delightful too! I've been out twice since the workshop and it's still sinking in. Sounds like you digest the info in the same way that I do by cleaning up the studio and more.
    Hope to see you in Hood River this coming Sept.

    ReplyDelete