Wednesday, September 5, 2012

rework #21

Now, that's better! The new and improved "Wenatchee River" is cooler in color temperature and darker for a change of mood. There is more sensitivity in the handling of the trees and bushes, less detail in the rocks. Background has much more depth especially because this time I have indicated a path. We do the best we can with what we know at the time. In the five years since painting the original, my handling of the medium has improved so I am better able to tell the story of a painting. My advice...paint every day so the five year changes don't take 10 years to happen. I'm going to put this on DPW just because I love the magnifier tool!

This painting, along with the other 20 reworks can be seen as they are now and as they looked before the rework. In most cases, the current images looks completely different. Click on the link in the upper right corner of this blog - Reworked Paintings

3 comments:

  1. You are positively the best painter I've ever seen. You capture a mood so easy it seems. I just wish I could cough up the money for a workshop with you. Best Wishes and great praises...........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work! Really love the reflections on the water.

    ReplyDelete