Thursday, October 18, 2012

color your world



For the past few years, my studio walls have been blue, the same color as a wall at the Women Painters of Washington Gallery, Seattle. I was ready for a change but couldn't stand the thought of ripping the studio apart to paint the walls. So much STUFF to move around.

But, if you look at my October 7th post you'll see my BOS painting (yay!) and behind it, the very nice wall color of the Columbia Art Center Gallery in Hood River, OR. I contacted them, got the wall color information, matched it to my favorite paint (Behr UL1 50-15) and have spent 4 days changing the color of my world. One thought behind this, valid or not, is my observation that my paintings of recent years have been very cool in color temperature. I would like to warm it up and maybe this new wall color will help me do that.


4 comments:

  1. I think this new color very suitable for the use you make of the room. Happy painting !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new colour, can you post more pictures of your studio please?, love to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful, warm color, Barbara. Shows off your paintings handsomely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comments. I'll post more photos of the studio while it is clean.

    ReplyDelete