Saturday, November 3, 2012

cornmeal, plums and violets

Plums and Violets is a colored pencil drawing that was created for my students as an example of working on black paper. It is time to let go of the past so I have posted this on the Daily Paintworks auction along with the white reverse grisaille (underpainting in white pencil) necessary to keep colored pencil bright on a black ground. If you are familiar with my colored pencil work through my book, Colored Pencil Solution Book, or if you work in colored pencil yourself, you will recognize this as my precise work in that medium and the TIME involved in even a small drawing in this technique.

Today we will change our clocks per daylight savings time and replace the batteries in our smoke detectors. For those who work in pastel, it is a good time to change the cornmeal you use to clean your pastels.

1 comment:

  1. Es un motivo precioso, barbara.
    Es una delicia ver todos tus trabajos.
    saludos.

    ReplyDelete