Tuesday, May 7, 2013

update

I had hoped to post the finished oil version of "Young at Heart" by now but the past week has flown by.

I rarely take workshops but I spent three days last week in one instructed by Lorenzo Chavez and I'm glad I did. He is a kind and thoughtful instructor. His enthusiasm for thumbnails has reminded me how important they are. He clearly communicated how to simplify our compositions and how to block in different planes (sky, uprights, ground) with the correct value (especially useful when working plein air).

Saturday, while I was judging the Miniature Category for the Edmonds Arts Festival, my painting, "Arboretum Winter Color" was receiving a Juror's Award from Mr. Chavez at the Northwest Pastel Society's 27th International Open Show at American Art Company, Tacoma, WA.

We've had unseasonably warm weather here in Washington state. Spring is bustin' out all over so weed-eating is back on my agenda.

And, last but not least, my 5x7 inch pastel color study "Young at Heart" is in its last days of auction at Daily Paintworks.


No comments:

Post a Comment