Wednesday, May 21, 2014

blessed


 I love this cloudy old bottle, turned lavender by the years. Per Qiang Huang's advice, I spent a lot of time working on the composition of the objects.

Here is the line drawing done in blue colored pencil on a toned 5x7 Ampersand panel.

This is how I left the painting last night. It is good advice to sleep on a problem.

Blessed, oil, 5x7 inches  sold
Finally brought it all together this morning. Don't shake old poppy heads over your oil paint palette. I had to throw out all the poppy-seeded paint! Almost all parts of this painting were better than this at one time or another during the painting of this little scene but I just COULD NOT work on it any longer. Love doing glass. It reminds me of my perfume bottle illustration days as a young fashion illustrator.




No comments:

Post a Comment