Thursday, November 13, 2014

Drawn from the Heart

I am honored to join Kay Dewar in a two-artist colored pencil show, "Drawn from the Heart," at The Dorothy Liberty Gallery, within Trinity Parish Church, 609 Eighth Ave, Seattle, WA. Show dates are November 20, 2014 to January 4, 2014. The Opening Reception is Sunday, November 30, noon to 1:30 PM.

These colored pencil drawings are in my Collection of the Artist but with our upcoming move and trying to down-size, all drawings will be available for purchase at this show.

Autumn, colored pencil, 17.5 x 21 inches
Heartfelt, colored pencil, 24.5 x 17 inches
Comfort and Joy, colored pencil, 20 x 18 inches

Cherished, colored pencil, 21.5 x 17 inches

A Charmed Life, colored pencil, 21.5 x 17 inches


Twelfth of Never, colored pencil, 23.75 x 18.5

Worldly Goods, colored pencil, 19 x 25 inches

A Fine Romance, colored pencil, 16 x 20 inches

Falling in Love Again, colored pencil, 25 x 18 inches

Illusion, colored pencil, 25.5 x 20 inches
Matters of the Heart, colored pencil, 12.5 x 16.25 inches

Jewels, colored pencil, 6.75 x 6.75 inches sold


3 comments:

  1. I have a hard time believing these are colored pencil drawings they are amazing. How did you learn to use colored pencils, through a workshop/class or through experimentation?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was introduced to colored pencil in a workshop with Bet Borgeson, one of the few artists who was creating fine in art in the this medium in the 1980's. I read her books and just began. After a decade, I co-authored Colored Pencil Solution Book for NorthLight. That is the book I would use if I were beginning in colored pencil today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forgot to add "Sharp point, light touch," my mantra for students of the many workshops I taught. But, my technique is not the only technique for colored pencil, it is just the one I prefer.

    ReplyDelete