Sunday, August 30, 2015

Memories

An old chicken coop, no longer used but still standing.
Three months ago we moved from the hustle and bustle to a more rural location. Not so many people, much quieter and more scenic. The landscape is dotted with old buildings where people lived, laughed, worked. This is the  same area where I visited my Grandma, Aunts, Uncles and Cousins when I was a child. I've painted three little scenes: the images are 6x4 inches on 7x5 pastel paper. I may paint more, or not. These three will go to Daily Paintworks for purchase. Use the Magnifier there for a closer look.

I call this the Ivy House because one side is covered in Ivy. No one lives there but it is on my route to the Library and Post Office. It seems to be forgotten but deserves to be painted.
We came upon this original homestead on a Sunday Drive. I'm sure a lot of memories were made in this simple little house. Sadly, it now stands open to the weather.


No comments:

Post a Comment