Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Retrospective at Covington City Hall

Yesterday Jay and I hung 18 paintings at the Covington City Hall. These are colored pencil and mixed media (watercolor with colored pencil).

Watercolor, wc with colored pencil and two small oils from my workshop several years ago with Qiang Huang. I'll be spending August working in oil then back to pastel in September to get ready for my three day Pastel Workshop for Northwest Pastel Society.

We hung pastel landscapes in Council Chambers along with two oil still lifes. The most challenging part of putting together this Retrospective Show was gathering up all the paintings. I wanted to show work from each era of my painting life: colored pencil, then watercolor with colored pencil, then watercolor alone, then pastel and finally oil. Paintings are on view at Covington City Hall, Covington, WA for the month of August. It's convenient to show so close to home!

No comments:

Post a Comment