Friday, April 21, 2017

What's on the easel April 22, 2017

On the easel April 22, 2017
Usually I can get projects off my easel by Friday to leave the weekend free from art but this week was an exception. What's on the easel from left to right:

1. 10 x 8 inch oil painting that I started months ago. You can see the reference photo in color peeking out from behind it. The reference photo was taken in January on a frosty sunny morning. I've painted several pastels from the series but only one other oil. I look forward to getting back to this one.

2. 7 x 5 inch pastel painting (with color bar attached). Yesterday the Plein Air Washington Artists Critique Group (PAWA Black Diamond group) met at my Studio and I asked for opinions on several paintings. On one painting I made corrections in pastel as they made suggestions. The painting was improved but the color combination still made me cringe so I wiped it off and began again with a color-wheel in hand.
This is the ghost after wipe-off of the previous image.
High-Key Spring, pastel, 7x5 inches
3. The large white square is a sheet of Fredrix Artist Canvas laid out for four 6 x 6 inch oil paintings. The one I have started here is based on the same reference photo as the first painting but this time in a square format and different palette.

4. The reference photo for the road painting but this time in gray tones to study value. The X drawn on it is a guide that helps me transfer the scene to my painting surface (which also had an X on it).

5. Two new tubes of Daniel Smith oil paint in colors I've never used: Transparent Brown Oxide and Chromium Green Oxide.

Happy Weekend to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment